Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Tirzah's Top 5s

Funniest things I've ever seen...
1) my dad driving a U-Haul so close to an old, rusty sign that it creaked at a 90-degree angle.
2) my dad burping while stalling a fast-food order at a drive-thru.
3) my cat suddenly leaping onto the coffee table after I opened an umbrella.
4) dancing hippos in tutus (it was Fantasia at the movie theater sometime in the 80s).
5) dancing spastic balloon-thingies on the edge of a car dealership.

Biggest regrets I've ever had...
1) convinced myself that I was in love with a man, when I wasn't.
2) tried to take my own life.
3) treated a good friend like crap (on more than one occasion).
4) walked away from a toddler while I was changing him (and he fell to the floor and hit his head).
5) rudely snubbed a guy who was going door to door soliciting donations for a cancer society.

Hardest things I've ever lived through...
1) getting continually cornered by a guy who wouldn't stop debating me one summer.
2) trying to live off a paycheck that just wouldn't pay the bills or adequately feed me.
3) tapering off an antidepressant and learning how to feel emotions again.
4) enduring an 8-hour shift at a job I'd barely been trained on with a witchy supervisor, working through my meal break, then driving home that night through flooded streets.
5) realizing that a friend wasn't really a friend (on more than one occasion).

Scariest moments I've ever had...
1) my car getting halfway run off the road by a tractor-trailer.
2) a large black sedan almost side-swiping me while I was in the passenger's seat of my parents' car.
3) riding the Texas Giant in 1992 (I don't like roller coasters).
4) my heart almost leaping out of my chest while I walked off a job that I should have quit long before.
5) trying to keep my balance during what was either really strong thunder or an earthquake in Irving.

Most sentimental/thankful moments I've ever had...
1) driving down Highway 22 over Lake Whitney and being overwhelmed by Texas beauty.
2) taking a sip of Dublin Big Red and remembering all the times I spent as a child with my aunt and uncle.
3) saying goodbye to my college roommate after she graduated.
4) trying to fall asleep after my high-school graduation with Can You Feel the Love Tonight in my head.
5) realizing how completely, unabashedly faithful God has been to me (on more than one occasion).

No comments:

Post a Comment