Sunday, November 6, 2011

Aww, look at that face



Just look at my little Choochie. She's perfect for me. She fits perfectly into my life. May I share with you what God has been showing me about her? He made her for me. He designed a cat just for me! Every little detail about her looks and personality, from every stripe to every fluff, from every trill to every purr -- God knew what I would like in a cat. He knew that she would like to jump up on my coffee table and perch next to me when I eat breakfast in the mornings. He knew that she would be standing next to my little computer while I'd be typing this. She is my cat. Her purpose in life is to be my cat. Therefore, right now, she's living out her destiny.


Officially, Choochie was my first cat. So, reader, if you don't mind me loosely quoting Matthew 25, I was faithful in little, and then I became ruler over MUCH. After I got my Choochie, I got my Macho. God has been showing me that Macho's purpose in life is a little different. His destiny is to simply be a masculine specimen of a cat.


See? Manly cat. I remember a time back in his kittenhood when his kitten masculinity was questioned. So he has a high-pitched meow. So what? So he would get frightened easily. He's a cat. But I don't want to listen to the naysayers. I know who he is. We've been working through fear issues. It's going to be OK. He's my masculine, manly Macho. Nuff said.


My cats can be secure in the facts that I love them, they belong to me, and they can be free to be themselves in the confines of my apartment. (They aren't allowed outdoors.) I talk to them frequently. Maybe they get tired of hearing me, but I don't care. They're mine. I want to speak life to them. It's OK. They trust me. "Hello, I love you. You're my kitten. I'm your mama." They know that they can get as much love, attention, and affection from me as they want. There are limitations with me, of course. There are times when I need both of my hands free for typing. There are certain times when they're not allowed in the bathroom. When it's time for me to sleep at night, they need to let me sleep.


One reason why my friend Powerhouse and I have become good friends is because we know that we love each other. She knows that I like her and thoroughly enjoy her company. I know that she wants to know me and be there for me. And vice versa. We keep the lines of communication open. There are limitations with us, though. We're human, and we have healthy boundaries. We work on our friendship to keep it growing healthy and strong. We encourage each other and keep pointing one another to the one most important Person that we could ever know.


Yeah, that's right. God is the One Person who will always meet every need that I have. He doesn't have the same constraints that I do. He doesn't have to type or spend time in the bathroom or sleep. He doesn't make mistakes. He's already perfect.


If I'm secure in my identity, I can live out my destiny. I can be the Tirzah that God designed me to be. If I'm secure in the fact that my God loves me and likes me and believes in me and wants me to succeed and wants me to enjoy the life that He's given me and wants me to stay in His house, then I can be as Tirzah of a Tirzah as I want to be.


Psalm 127 says that He loves me and He gives me sleep. I think He likes to even watch me sleep. One of my favorite movies is Kramer vs. Kramer (minus one completely unnecessary scene that I cut out when I taped it from TV). It's basically a movie about a guy who's learning how to be a good father. There's one scene where his son is playing innocently, dangerously on a playground, and he falls and gets hurt. The dad literally carries him and runs to the emergency room, where his son gets stitches. That night, while his son is asleep in bed with his freshly bound-up wound, his dad hums to him and loves on him.


I believe God is a lot like that. He likes to take care of me. He wants to help me. He wants to have a relationship with me. He made me because He wants me. And now I'm learning how to not be afraid of the unknown things in my life, because what I do know is that I can be secure in my God's truth. He loves me, He made me, and He wants me.


See how adorable my cats are when they're asleep? (or trying to sleep when I'm flashing my camera at them) Aww, look at that, uh... face! Yes, even the backs of their heads are adorable! 


Reader, do you get tired of hearing me talk about this yet? "Hello, God loves me. I belong to Him. He loves you, and He wants you to belong to Him, too."

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete